Aug 17, 2012

The Summer Fun has Just Begun

Okay, I'll be honest and tell you that I just chose the title because it rhymes, nothing really fun's gonna begin.

I've also gotta tell you that I've been neglecting this blog for months now, since the post about the North Korean rocket last April. That was a really long time ago.

Sort of weird when you think the biggest about NK recently isn't the FAIL rocket but more about the fake Mickey Mouse that co-starred with Kim Jong Un. (google it if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's hilarious.)


Anyway, so why didn't I blog for so long?

I guess the biggest reason is because I figured I was too young an age to blog about my opinions and share geeky space stuff. I should consume more information than I send, I thought.
I was also pretty busy, too. (we'll get to that later)

That being said, I still thought I can re-start my blog, just with fewer updates which won't be much of a burden.
I've always posted stuff about either of these things; cosmic stuff and Apple stuff.

Also, I thought I should get to know stuff in a wide variety of subjects, so there will be probably more things about other miscellaneous topics that interested me, and less geeky stuff(I hope).

Now, why was I busy this summer? (as I mentioned a few lines above)
I have been to this program called the Student Global Leadership Institute, for 2 weeks from the end of July to the beginning of August.

It's basically a 2-week camp at the Punahou school in Hawaii (where Obama went to a long time ago) that invites students from the world to nurture leadership along a particular topic, which this year was "health".

Translation: I was on a 2 week trip to Hawaii, baby!!


But honestly, it really was an eye-opening experience that let me experience different cultures and perspectives, and I made a LOT of new friends from all over the world. (btw there were students from the US, Japan, China, Singapore, UK, Sweden and Jordan)
I could really go on writing this for forever, but I'll do that on a different post later on.


So to sum up what I wrote;

  • I'm gonna start blogging again
  • with more things about miscellaneous stuff
  • I was on a 2 week camp in Hawaii that stimulated, inspired, awakened, and changed me in a lot of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment