Dec 13, 2011

A Night at School

If you've been wondering where I was, not blogging for about a week now. Well it was that the darned exams were keeping me from updating this blog. The one thing I loved about is is that we studied space in Earth science. Some of the questions were like "What's the largest moon in the solar system?" and "What are the two moons of Mars?" (answers are at the end of this post)
So anyway, on the final day of the exams there was a cool event hosted by the Geology Club which I'm in- the "stargazing party". We get to spend the night at school and bring sleeping bags!

My school had a big observatory (actually just the rooftop) so we layed out our bags there. The moon was very bright- too bright actually, we couldn't see any stars around it. But the view of the moon through a telescope was spectacular. I love how the shadow of the craters near edge of the moon looks like- 3D-ish.

We could see other stars and planets too- Jupiter was great. In fact, it was the first time I saw the Galileo moons with my own eyes!
I'll post some other pics- 

These are styrofoam models of dinosaurs. They're made very well, aren't they? 


One of the best parts of this event- the school, at night!

The rooftop

the dawn

(answers to the Astronomy quizzes; Ganymede of Jupiter, Phobos and Deimos)

No comments:

Post a Comment