Nov 2, 2011

how to use speech to text in Google Chrome

sorry that I haven't been talking for months now. to make up for that I have an exciting software I want to teach you.
I found a cool way to you dictation on google chrome. I'm writing this by using that software so forgive me if there are any errors in the text. also it seems it doesn't capitalize the beginning of a sentence, either. google chrome supports voice recognition from version 11. I might start logging by using this from now on, it's so awesome.
so here's how you do it.
Check if your Chrome browser's newer than version 11.(click the wrench button on the upper right and then click "about google chrome")


then click the microphone button in the form above. Voila!!! make sure your microphone is plugged in.
by the way, the source code for the voice imput form is this;
<input type="text" x-webkit-speech="" />

happy... talking, I guess.