Aug 1, 2011

How to Re-Create a Zero-G Environment in Your House

I went to the martial arts club's 4-day trip a week ago. It was pretty fun. There was this bag with 7 candies in it, and 6 of them were okay, but one was like, really hot and spicy. And when I say hot, I mean it.
There were 7 people in my grade who were there, so as you can guess, we popped one into our mouths on the count of 3. And yes, a few seconds later one of my friends started to choke out "I got the one...."

So be careful on those sort of candy, you might have a 1 in 7 chance of getting sick.

ANYWAY, we used a bus to and from the hotel, and just as I thought, I got a bit of motion sickness on the way. I was all right after a few minutes or so, but I wondered how it felt to be like that in space.
You know, even astronauts get sick from zero-G.

So I got this info from a book that lets you get a feel of being in zero-G.

disclaimer: It doesn't make you float around, and I am not responsible for the health problems induced by this exercise. It might make you look like a fool doing it, and it looks suspiciously a lot like planking.

This is it.

Told you, it looks like planking.

You can do this on a bed or a desk or anywhere you can plank.

It lets you experience the movement of the body fluids in a microgravity environment.

I tried this out, and it felt like a lot of blood was going into my head than usual.

Guess that's why astronauts become "moon-faced" after a few months on the ISS
Not to mention I felt like a fool doing the planking thing.