Apr 2, 2011

An Apology

I'm sure most of you have realized this but the one about driving moon buggies was, off course, an April fool's joke.
I talked with my dad about what I should do for this year's April fool's, and this was what we came up with. We spent quite a while writing it, so if you haven't seen it yet, you really should.
Let's just make clear what's true and what's false.
"My dad's friend's acquaintance works at the space adimnistration"- not that I know of. Though this is possible, my dad hasn't found any.
"This is the condition of the tires of the LRVs'(lunar roving vehicle) that were left on the moon on the Apollo missions."- False, I don't think there was such information. But 17's rear right's broken fender IS true.
"Lunar rovers were actually powered by electricity"- True. It's amazing they could build such a thing decades ago.
"the footage is from the camera on the rover."- True, the rover had a camera that could be controlled from the Earth.
" And in the years of solitude on the moon, the capacity revived a bit."- Nah, probably not. Though it'd be great if it was so. I think there wasn't much left in the batteries.
"This is cool. The battery capacity left when the astronauts just left the moon, and the capacity now, decades later."- again, no such information. And of course the "3.1415..." was a giveaway.
And the rest is all fake. Even the book titles and authors were made up. ( Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental :)


I had a lot of fun doing this, so I might do it again next year, so look out!
And speaking of next,...
The next day is my violin school's concert.(for those who don't know I've played the violin since I was 5) I hope I won't stumble over anything,  and if I don't, I might upload the video of me playing. Concerto no.23 by Viotti, if you must know.

No comments:

Post a Comment