Mar 3, 2011

Do You Have $200,000? Then You Can Go to Space!

In my opinion this is even more revolutionary than the space shuttle.
click here to see the website
Yep, it's the first commercial spaceflight agency, Virgin Galactic.
It's wonderful if I actually got to go to space, but the problem is; I don't have 200,00 bucks!!!! Even if you have the money, you'll only be in space for just 3 minutes. Here's a demo video of the whole flight.

I don't want to wear those spacesuits that look like tights...
In my opinion, I think $200,000 is too much for 4 minutes of wonder. This flight is a sub-orbital one, so it just shoots up to space but then fall back quickly. Virgin Galactic is planning to do orbital flights, ones that actually go around Earth, so that'll probably get us more time to enjoy the zero-G and the view of the planet.

I really hope I can experience zero-g some time. It'll be so cool, I'll be floating around like Superman. I have experienced it once, in a manner of speaking, though.
here, at the Tower of Terror in Disney. No, really, I swear, I really became weightless when it falls for a second or two. So if $200,000=4 minutes doesn't work out for you, try your closest amusement park.
I'll copy&paste a bit of their website here. "SpaceShipTwo uses all the same basic technology, carbon composite construction and design as SpaceShipOne. However it is around twice as large as that vehicle and will carry six passengers and two pilots. It is 60ft long with a 90" diameter cabin which is similar in size to a Falcon 900 executive jet albeit with no floor dissecting the cabin allowing maximum room for the astronauts to float in zero gravity. Each passenger gets the same seating position with two large windows: WINDOW SIZE one side window and one overhead, so that, if you don't want to float free in space, and you'd rather just remain in your seat, you still get a great chance to see the view. No more squabbling over who has the best seat!" But who would not want to float around the ship, I wonder?

Some scientists got seats on the flight recently, so I guess this space-tourism thing is gonna be a big business.

No comments:

Post a Comment